RULES OF THE WEBSITE www.obox.pl
These rules are aimed at highlighting the most important issues connected with the use of the www.obox.pl service website as well as at explaining the rules, conditions and course of service provision by oBox and the Carrier.
- oBox – Aneta Orzechowska, pursuing a business activity under the name: 'OBOX Aneta Orzechowska' in Warsaw at ul. Heroldów 10B lok. 55, 01-991 Warsaw, Tax ID No. (NIP): 8351353461; Business ID No. (REGON): 015220460.
- Website – an on-line broker service website, owned and administered by Aneta Orzechowska, pursuing a business activity under the name: 'OBOX Aneta Orzechowska' in Warsaw at ul. Heroldów 10B lok. 55, 01-991 Warsaw, Tax ID No. (NIP): 8351353461; Business ID No. (REGON): 015220460.
- Carrier – DPD Polska Sp. z o.o. seated in Warsaw (02-274) at ul. Mineralna 15, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000028368, kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, Tax ID No. (NIP): 5260204110; Business ID No. (REGON): 012026421.
- User – each entity /natural person, legal person or organisational unit without a legal personality which is granted a legal personality under specific provisions/using obox.pl website or any entity placing an order for services provided by oBox.
- Orderer – each entity performing a transaction which has effectively placed an order for services provided by oBox through an order form available under the tab 'Send Parcel.'
- Consumer – orderer who is a natural person and who places an order with a purpose not directly connected with their business or professional activity.
- Bill of Lading – the basic document that confirms the conclusion of an agreement for service provision; the transport of a parcel is carried out based on a Bill of Lading.
- Freight Service– a service, provided by the Carrier, consisting in transporting a parcel between Poland and another country, specified in the tab 'Price Offer.'
- Parcel– packages, pallets and mail making up a single order placed by the Orderer and delivered to one recipient.
- International Parcel– a parcel dispatched from the territory of Poland and addressed abroad to one of the countries listed in the tab 'Price Offer' or a parcel dispatched from the territory of one of the listed countries to be delivered to Poland.
- The owner of the website is oBox.
- oBox does not provide transport or courier services; such services are commissioned to the
- oBox is a broker service website, which acts as an agent between the Ordererand the Carrier, thus allowing the placing of a dispatch order, i.e. freight service between Poland and one of the countries listed in the tab 'Price Offer,' which include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland (only export), Italy, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, the UK.
- The subject of oBox services is international deliveries.
- The Carrier provides freight service in international trade in accordance with the 'Rules of service provision in international trade of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.' and 'Detailed conditions of the provision of services of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.,' which are provided in Attachment No. 1 and 2, respectively, and which constitute an integral part of these Rules.
- oBox services may be used by natural persons with full legal capacity; legal persons and organisational units without a legal personality, which are granted a legal personality by way of specific provisions.
Placing an order and delivery
- In order to place an order on the website and to use oBox services, it is not necessary to register or to set up an Internet account.
- The provision of services by oBox is contingent upon properly filling-in the form available under the tab 'Send Parcel' and making a payment for the ordered service in line with the rules specified in the tab 'Payments.' The amount due for a service is each time calculated based on currently applicable price lists of the Carrier, available at dpd.com.pl.
- oBox will forward an order for execution only after the Orderer makes a payment of the full price for the ordered service, which shall be understood as a booking of cash on the bank account of oBox, save for payments by card made through Dotpay, PayPal, in which case the day of payment shall be deemed the day of receipt of a confirmation of debiting a payment card. If the payment is not made within two days from the placement of an order, the order shall be cancelled by oBox.
- The Orderer shall have the right to request information concerning currently applicable price list of the Carrier and price quote for a freight service provided by the Carrier.
- By placing an order for services provided by oBox through the tab 'Send Parcel,'
- The placement of an order for services provided by oBox is made through the tab 'Send Parcel.' A special website tool calculates the price of transport of a parcel / parcels based on information entered by the Orderer. The Orderer undertakes to enter verified, reliable and true information in terms of weight, sizes, value and content of a parcel. Pursuant to subsequent provisions of these Rules, the Orderer shall be encumbered with any additional costs claimed by the Carrier from oBox in connection with data entered incorrectly by the Orderer in the course of placing an order.
- In case of exceeding permitted size or weight of a parcel, oBox reserves the right to charge a contractual penalty of PLN 200.
- Notwithstanding the contractual penalty specified in par. 7 of this clause and an already collected payment for a service, in case the weight or size of a parcel prove incompatible with information provided by the Orderer upon placing an order or in case the Orderer provides the Carrier with untrue information concerning the kind of selected service, oBox.pl reserves the right to charge the Orderer with an additional payment equal to the full amount of damage resulting from the Carrier's charging additional payments on account of a failure to fulfil the conditions of an order. The additional payment shall be charged in accordance with amounts due collected in such a case by the Carrier, and shall be made based on a VAT invoice, which shall be delivered to the Orderer by e-mail to the address provided in the course of order placement.
- oBox hereby reserves the right to charge maximum delay interest pursuant to Art. 359 §21 of the Civil Code. In case the payment for an invoice is not effected in the specified time limit, oBox shall send the Orderer a request for payment on account of delay in payment resulting from exceeding the permitted size or weight of a parcel.
- Should the specified payment date expire ineffectively, oBox shall be entitled to refer the matter to competent institutions dealing with debt-collection, which shall entail an additional payment of PLN 60 on the part of the Orderer, as well as to refer the matter to courts.
- In case of a dispatch or delivery of a parcel from postal codes listed in the table of additional zone payments on the Carrier's website,an additional payment for the parcel is collected in the amount of PLN 87.
- Particular attention should be paid to the correctness of addressee's and recipient's address data when entering them into the form while placing an order. Provision of incorrect or incomplete information shall relieve oBox and the Carrier from liability for the non-performance or improper performance of a service.
- At the same time, the Orderer placing an order represents that they have become familiar with a list of items excluded from freightas specified in the tab 'Packaging Rules,' 'Rules of service provision in international trade of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.' and 'Detailed conditions of the provision of services of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.,' and represents than none of items specified therein are included in the parcel entrusted for the provision of a freight service. In case of placing items incompatible with the regulations in the parcel, the Orderer shall bear full liability, both financial and criminal, for any additional payments which oBox may be charged on that account.
- The Orderer is obligated to issue the parcel in a condition allowing its proper delivery, without any deficiencies or damage. If a parcel requires packaging, the Orderer shall be obligated to package the parcel in a way allowing its proper delivery, in accordance with the rules specified in the tab 'Packaging Rules' and the requirements of the Carrier specified in 'Rules of service provision in international trade of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.,' which constitutes an attachment to these Rules. In case the parcel is not properly packaged or secured, the Carrier shall be entitled, at its option, to package and secure such parcel at the cost and risk of the Orderer, or to waive liability for any damage to the parcel resulting from such improper packaging or securing the parcel.
- The Orderer shall be obligated to mark and duly secure parcels containing glass items and objects, or containing glass elements. The Carrier may refuse to bear any liability for damage of such parcels if they had not been properly secured for transport.
- The proof of conclusion of an agreement for service provision shall be a Bill of Lading or any other equivalent document, in particular a hand-over protocol signed by the Orderer and the Carrier, drawn up in accordance with the requirements and standards of the Carrier. The Bill of Lading shall be left with the Orderer by the courier upon the receipt of a parcel.
- The Orderer shall be obligated to declare the content and value of the parcel in the Bill of Lading. In case of a loss, defect or damage to the parcel, the Carrier shall bear liability on that account only if the content or value of the parcel had been properly determined in the Bill of Lading.
- Employees of the Carrier (couriers) have no capability to contact the sender or the recipient of the parcel by phone in order to arrange the delivery time.
- The guaranteed period of delivery of parcels is 14 working days, the receipt date being the '0' day. Parcels are delivered from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 7 pm.
- Suggested delivery times are calculated based on the average delivery time of parcels between given countries and they are not guaranteed times of delivery of a parcel to the recipient.
- The Orderer may cancel an order free of charge until the moment oBox starts executing an order. In such a case, the payment for the service shall not be charged, and the amount paid on account of the order shall be returned to the Orderer.
Withdrawal from agreement by consumer
- The consumer shall have the right to withdraw from an agreement for the provision of services within 14 days from the day of its conclusion, i.e. from the day of placing an order, however, no later than by the time oBox forwards an order to the Carrier for execution.
- In case of a withdrawal from an agreement, the agreement shall be deemed not concluded.
- Withdrawal from agreement is effected by submitting a declaration on agreement withdrawal, which can be made also by e-mail to email@example.com. In case the withdrawal is made by e-mail, oBox shall immediately send to the Consumer, on a durable medium,
a confirmation of receipt of the declaration on withdrawal from agreement.
- In the case of a situation as specified in par. 1, oBox undertakes to immediately, no later than within 14 days from the day of receipt of a declaration about withdrawal from agreement, return any payments made by the Consumer.
- In case the Client exercises their right to withdraw from agreement after the above-mentioned time limits, in particular after oBox has forwarded an order to the Carrier for execution, the Client may be charged a fee of PLN 20. The return of payments is made to a Polish bank account in PLN.
- Other matters not regulated in these Rules concerning the issue of Consumer's withdrawal from agreement shall be governed by the provision of the Consumer Rights Act of 30th May 2014.
- Each parcel is insured on conditions and terms as specified in the Agreement concluded between the Carrier and the insurer and in accordance with the provisions of insurance of parcels as specified in the 'Rules of service provision in international trade of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.,' which constitute Attachment No. 1 to these Rules.
- oBox shall bear no legal or financial liability for non-performance or improper performance of a service by the Carrier and the Orderer. Liability for any compensation claims resulting from the damage, deficiency or loss of a parcel shall encumber the Carrier. Any matters connected with improper performance of a freight service by the Carrier shall be addressed directly to the Carrier pursuant to the 'Rules of service provision in international trade of DPD Polska Sp. z o.o.,' which constitute Attachment No. 1 to these Rules, as well as in accordance with commonly applicable provisions of law.
- Complaints in the scope of services provided by the Carrier shall be submitted through the 'Complaint Form' available at dpd.com.pl, under the tab 'My DPD,' which also determines all documents necessary for an effective submission of a complaint.
- One should remember to check the state and content of a parcel before signing respective documents confirming the receipt in the presence of the courier. Otherwise, the Carrier may waive liability for any potential deficiencies or damage to the parcel, as claims on account of improper performance expire upon accepting a parcel without reservations.
- In case an import parcel (transported from abroad to Poland) bears visible external damage, it shall be necessary to draw up a damage report in the presence of the courier during the receipt of the parcel. It is necessary for starting the complaint process.
The damage report drawn up after the receipt of a parcel from the courier shall not guarantee that the complaint be deemed justified.
- In case of an export parcel (from Poland abroad), couriers do not draw up damage reports. Upon visible external damage, the courier must tick the 'damaged' option in documents confirming the delivery of a parcel. Such a record is necessary for starting the complaint process. It is also recommended to take a photograph.
- The Carrier shall issue decisions concerning complaints no later than within 30 days from the date of receipt of a complete set of complaint documents.
- The current Rules apply from 10.11.2017 oBox reserves the right to amend these Rules and undertakes to inform Users of any changes in the scope of applicable Rules immediately after their introduction. Introduced changes shall not apply to orders placed before such changes. In such a case, the previous version of the Rules shall apply, which the Orderer will be able to access on the website.
- The agreement for provision of services concluded between the Orderer and oBox shall be governed by the Polish law.
- Matters not regulated in these Rules shall be governed by the provisions of the Civil Code Act and the Consumer Rights Act of 30th May 2014.
- Following attachments constitute an integral part of these Rules:
Attachment No. 1 - Rules of service provision in international trade - valid from 1st July 2016 (165.52kB)
Attachment No. 2 - Detailed conditions of service provision - valid from 1st July 2016 (219.33kB)
Attachment No. 3 - Conditions of parcel insurance - valid from 1st July 2016 (97.58kB)
Attachment No. 4 - Detailed conditions of service provision - valid from 1st November 2016 (235.17kB)
Attachment No. 5 - Rules of service provision in international trade - valid to 30th June 2016 (116.7kB)
Attachment No. 6 - Detailed conditions of service provision - valid to 30th June 2016 (217.26kB)
Attachment No. 7 - Conditions of parcel insurance - valid to 30th June 2016 (98.94kB)
Attachment No. 8 - ITEMS PROHIBITED IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE - (127kB)
Attachment No. 9 - TABLE OF ADDITIONAL ZONE PAYMENTS - (129kB)